Sequencer was entered, but never exited

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

clmhwyfe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequencer was entered, but never exited

Post by clmhwyfe »

Hi all,

I have sequence job where am using an "all" sequencer condition to check the status of 2 sequencers and send out a notification that the job completed.

SQ1 completes successfully and SQ2 is aborted.

I have a info on the director that says and I assume its because the trigger from the other sequencer never made it to the 'Sequence Condition' activity.

Note: Sequencer 'JobSuccess' was entered, but never exited

The email (notification activity) was not triggered but the job shows finished in the log.

Please advice.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's doing exactly what you've programmed it to do. The output of the Sequencer cannot fire until it receives a signal from the upstream links. Your controlling sequence appear to be set to not pass a signal if SQ2 aborts. What is the nature of the trigger from SQ2?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
clmhwyfe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by clmhwyfe »

Thanks Ray,

The trigger from SQ2 is a custom trigger as below (Finished OK or Finished with Warnings).

CodeRefresh.$JobStatus = 1 or CodeRefresh.$JobStatus = 2

The email was not triggered which is correct as this trigger was not satisfied , But the job shows finished even though this trigger conditions were not satisfied
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, if you have an All sequencer with multiple input links and not all triggers on the incoming links 'fire' but some do, then the sequencer cannot 'fire' as well... it becomes entered but not exited when the sequence job itself runs out of things to do. And that doesn't mean the sequence job should fail as that's not an error, it completes successfully and then adds "Oh, by the way..." as an informational message to the log.

If you want something else to happen when not everything goes well, you'll need to specifically code that into the job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
clmhwyfe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by clmhwyfe »

Thanks for the information Craig.