Regarding Invocation id

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

manojbh31
Premium Member
Premium Member

Regarding Invocation id

Post by manojbh31 »

Hi All,

I have job which is multi instance and i have a parameter set which has 10 value file name. I need to pass invocation id from value file

eg:-- Parameter set is ABC and value file name XYZ and invocation id is 1234

I need to pass value in seqeunce for invocation id as below

#ABC#.#XYZ#.#Invocation ID#

Is this possible?

One More question, I am running the sequence and has one job and creates 30 instances, once job is completed all instances are gone, it is not showing the instances. Can anybody please help on this why instances are vanished?

Thanks
spuli
Participant

Post by spuli »

Use executefile activity and get the list of filenames in comma separated format.

Use the filenames list (output of executefile activity) in start loop activity.

Use the startloop activity.$counter as value in the instance value in job activity.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Sai
manojbh31
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Regarding Invocation id

Post by manojbh31 »

I do not want to run seqeunce in loop, is there other way to provide invocation id.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Re your second question: Probably your job log auto purge is set to a too small value. If you want to keep 30 instances worth of logs, then it needs to be at least 30, or time-based.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
syedmuhammedmehdi
Participant

Re: Regarding Invocation id

Post by syedmuhammedmehdi »

I think you want to run in parallel assuming your number of files are fixed always & in that case generate a csv file with whatever Parameter set, file name and invocation id you want to pass then using execute command execute sed, cut to get parameter values for each instance and execute parallelly.
SyedMuhammadMehdi