DB2 CONNECTOR - Without Cataloging

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

smile8work
Participant

DB2 CONNECTOR - Without Cataloging

Post by smile8work »

Hi,

Is there any way that I can connect to DB2 databases without cataloging it in system just like how it works in the Oracle connector where even though you do not have a tnsentry but you will be able to connect to Oracle database.

Thanks
Rajan
Smile :)
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

You could use the ODBC Connector stage with the ODBC DB2 wire protocol driver. It does not require a DB2 client to be installed, but it does require an ODBC data source to be defined in the .odbc.ini file.

I have heard that newer releases, such as DataStage 11.3.x, also allow for using JDBC connections. That may be another option, if true, although I'm not sure which stage type you may have to use with it.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
AshishDevassy
Participant

Post by AshishDevassy »

ODBC connector.
But in order to do that you will need an entry in the ini file.
that's wierd ?
electajay
Participant

Re: DB2 CONNECTOR - Without Cataloging

Post by electajay »

smile8work wrote:Hi,

Is there any way that I can connect to DB2 databases without cataloging it in system just like how it works in the Oracle connector where even though you do not have a tnsentry but you will be able to connect to Oracle database.

Thanks
Rajan
what is stopping you in doing cataloging ? its pretty simple and there is no way you can connect to db2 with out using odbc or db2 catalogging.
A Kumar
electajay
Participant

Re: DB2 CONNECTOR - Without Cataloging

Post by electajay »

smile8work wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Rajan
what is stopping you in doing cataloging ? its pretty simple and there is no way you can connect to db2 with out using odbc or db2 catalogging.
A Kumar