SQL Server: Importing Table Definitions.

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

SQL Server: Importing Table Definitions.

Post by rkashyap »

We have configured connection to Microsoft SQL Server (version 10.50.1790) instance from DataStage 9.1.2 (Solaris) using 'DataDirect SQL Server Wire Protocol Driver' VMmsss00.so.

Using the connection, system is able to access any database on SQL Server instance. However, only tables under default database defined in .odbc.ini (ODBC DSN definition) are accessible when importing "Table definitions".

Please advise, how to import definition from other databases on a SQL Server instance using the same connection.

One work around is to configure connections to all databases on SQL Server instance. As SQL Server's concept of a database is somewhat similar to Oracle concept of a schema, this will result in lots of connections and may not be very elegant.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

What you described as a workaround is the only solution I am aware of. I don't consider it to be a workaround. I believe it is meant to work that way. I would be happy to learn otherwise.

On a similar subject, have you tried using the newer DataDirect SQL Server Native Wire Protocol driver (VMsqls00.so)?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
AshishDevassy
Participant

Post by AshishDevassy »

Yea You will need to create an odbc entry for the databases that you want to import the tables from.
that's wierd ?