non expring user id

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vputta
Premium Member
Premium Member

non expring user id

Post by vputta »

Hi- How to create an non expiring User Id in Datastage? Is there any option in web console?
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

It depends. Which of the 3 user registry types your DataStage server is configured to use? What version are you running?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
vputta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vputta »

Thanks for your reply. We are using internal registry and the version is 8.1.1
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

In that case, the web console is the place to manage your users. The internal user registry does not support any password policies, such as password length, mix of characters, re-use, expiration, etc. As far as I know, this is still the case even on the current version of 11.3.1. Hopefully one day the internal registry will support security.

It has been 4 years since I used the internal user registry but as I recall, none of the internal user IDs will expire, nor can they be made to expire even if you wanted them to. Anyone may correct me.

Does your user ID expire?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Note, however, that engine credential users are regular operating system users (assuming you're not using PAM). These users ordinarily do have expiring passwords, which can only be changed by superuser changing the password policy for any such user.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.