orchadmin utility

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hank_moody
Participant

orchadmin utility

Post by hank_moody »

I can view dataset (*.ds) in designer client of DataStage.
But I can't view dataset in AIX using orchadmin utility.

$ export DSHOME=$(cat /.dshome)
$. $DSHOME/dsenv
$ export LIBPATH =$APT_ORCHHOME/lib
$ export APT_CONFIG_FILE=$DSHOME/../Configurations/default.apt
$ export PATH=$DSHOME/bin:$APT_ORCHHOME/bin:/$PATH
$ orchadmin dump file1.ds

##I IIS-DSEE-TUTL-00031 16:09:57(001) <main_program> The open files limit is 2000; raising to 1048575.
##I IIS-DSEE-TFCN-00006 16:09:57(002) <main_program> conductor uname: -s=AIX; -r=1; -v=6; -n=servname; -m=0008784AD400
##F IIS-DSEE-TFCF-00014 16:09:57(003) <main_program> Fatal Error: The configuration does not contain the invoking node servname.

I changed in Configurations/default.apt a value of fastname: "servname.xxxx.yy.zzzz"-> "servname".
But in AUX I got the same error. And Jobs in DS stopped working with next errors:

main_program: The section leader on servname died
main_program: **** Parallel startup failed ****This is usually due to a configuration error, such as not having the Orchestrate install directory properly mounted on all nodes, rsh permissions not correctly set (via /etc/hosts.equiv or .rhosts), or running from a directory that is not mounted on all nodes. Look for error messages in the preceding output.
main_program: Unable to contact one or more Section Leaders. Probable configuration problem; contact Orchestrate system administrator.
main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.
Where I'm wrong?
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

You have:

export LIBPATH =$APT_ORCHHOME/lib
export PATH=$DSHOME/bin:$APT_ORCHHOME/bin:/$PATH

try:

export LIBPATH =$APT_ORCHHOME/lib:$LIBPATH
export PATH=$DSHOME/bin:$APT_ORCHHOME/bin:$PATH
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... and, before that:
export APT_ORCHHOME=$DSHOME/../PXEngine
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hank_moody
Participant

Post by hank_moody »

Thanks for answers.
But error persists. (The configuration does not contain the invoking node servname.)
I created copy of defaul.apt (fastname: "servname.xxxx.yy.zzzz") and named it default_servname.apt. (in this file fastname: "servname")
My variables:
export APT_CONFIG_FILE=/opt/dsadm/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/../Configurations/default_servname.apt
export APT_ORCHHOME=/opt/dsadm/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/../PXEngine
export ASBHOME=/opt/dsadm/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode
export DSHOME=/opt/dsadm/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine
export LIBPATH=/opt/dsadm/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/../PXEngine/lib:LIBPATH
export ODBCINI=/opt/dsadm/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/.odbc.ini
export PATH=/opt/dsadm/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin:/opt/dsadm/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/../PXEngine/bin:/opt/dsadm/sybase/IQ/IQ-15_2/bin64:/opt/dsadm/sybase/ASE157/OCS-15_0/bin:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/home/iuad123/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:.:/opt/isadm/oracle/ora10g/bin:/opt/isadm/oracle/ora10g/bin:/opt/isadm/oracle/ora10g/OPatch:/opt/isadm/oracle/ora10g/jdk/bin:/opt/oracle/oradata/agent10g/bin
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Try the following:

1. Output from command "uname -n"

2. The config file fastname, for each node, should match the above output

3. The /etc/hosts file should contain one or more hostnames (short and/or long versions) that match the above output and resolve to the same IP address
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Or, perhaps, specify the -x option with your orchadmin command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

You mentioned that the config file did not contain the invoking node.

Please look at the APT file that is being used. When doing the orchadmin... echo your APT_CONFIG_FILE prior to the command. What does it look like? Does it have the calling node???

Just because you are pointing to "defalut.apt" doesn't mean it's right.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Often when the config.apt contains a syntax error of some type the error message will be the one you are getting; perhaps your problem lies elsewhere in the config. (side note - we had this problem just yesterday, where the configuration file contained a single spurious "?" character that we didn't see.
hank_moody
Participant

Post by hank_moody »

Thanks, everyone.
"orchadmin dump -x file1.ds" works!