Credentials Mapping

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Credentials Mapping

Post by abc123 »

Can anyone tell me where you set the "local" password to the actual password? Is it in the Information Sever Console or Web Console. Can you give me few additional steps?

Ray, I have the same error "Failed to connect Information Server Engine ..... User name and/or password incorrect. If credential mapping is used, check the credential mapped user name and password as are correctly configured".

Where would I check "Engine Credentials in the web console for Information Server (http://hostname:9080/ibm/iis/console)"?

I go to Information Server Console. From there, I do View/Open Web Console Under web console, I go to Domain Management/Administration/Engine Credentials. I select the server to the right. I don't see a way to check.

Thanks.
naveen_1985in
Participant

Post by naveen_1985in »

In your right side of the window you will have the credential mapping, which maps with your windows lo-gin.you need to set your credentials to that , so that you don't have this error popped up again.
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Right side of which window?

On the web console, I went to Domain Management/Engine Credentials. Under Map User Credentials/Suite Users, I selected the user. On the right, under, Assign User Credentials, everything is disabled. At the bottom, both Remove and Browse buttons are disabled.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your Information Server user must be mapped against an operating system user on the engine tier.

The only time this does not have to be done is where operating system authentication is used, or where a shared user repository (e.g. LDAP accessible) is used both for Information Server and for the engine tier's operating system.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Ray, thank you for your response. I do know that it has to be mapped but as you can see from my previous posts in this thread, I simply cannot figure out the steps to do it. If you can tell me if there is a step that I am missing, it would be great.

Thanks again.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Documented here. Note the first prerequisite, guessing you are not.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Craig, thank you for your link. There are differences between those steps and what I see. In Step 2, I don't have Datastage Credentials but I have Engine Credentials. In Step 5, my browse is disabled. In Step 7, I don't have an Ok button to click on after selecting the user. Due to all this, obviously, I cannot get to Map User Credentials in Step 9.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: OK, well past time I split this out to your own thread. If anyone is curious, the original is here.

Perhaps you should look up the version of that document that matches the version of your software?
-craig

priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Also, try to use Internet explorer or mozilla firefox as only these two are supported, others may work but may create problems.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Craig, thank you again. I have gone to that post before including the two links in priyadarshikunal's final post. Eventually, it takes me to the same document.

Can you tell me how I would like up the document for the version of my software? I have IBM InfoSphere Information Sever 9.1.2.0-FP2-55.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There should be the same set of documents out there on IBM's site for each release... or at least every major one. You should be able to just move up the URL and then back down the 9.x branch. Or search there.

Yup, easy peasy.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledge ... ge_IS.html
-craig