Routine doesnt recognise jobs anymore

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Routine doesnt recognise jobs anymore

Post by Developer9 »

I have a job(A) with a server routine that calls Job(B) , Job(A) was working fine until a couple of days ago and now its aborting saying Job(B) cant be found. When i save and compile Job(B) then Job (A) is working again and calls Job (B) properly...any thoughts on what might have happened?

Job (B) is in Runnable status all the time

****** (fatal error from DSAttachJob): Job control fatal error (-12)
(DSOpenJob) Cannot find job ******
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Routine doesnt recognise jobs anymore

Post by ray.wurlod »

Developer9 wrote:Job (B) is in Runnable status all the time
That may not be true if people even just open it to look at it, and save it without re-compiling. And that, I suspect, may be part of (all of?) the problem.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Routine doesnt recognise jobs anymore

Post by Developer9 »

Ray, Thanks for the response.

When i meant Job (B) i have about 100 of these , none of these jobs are recognised by the routine in Job(A). This morning i took a random sample of 10 jobs , compiled them and tried to run Job(A), it failed all 10 times even after recompiling all Jobs. But when i save the 10 jobs with a different name like Job(B)_New, now my Job(A) is working fine again. (I forgot to mention this point yesterday that when i save with a different name and compile they are working, the original job is not working)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is very odd. What happens if you re-index the project?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.