Retrieving already run job information to populate a table

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sharmabhavesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retrieving already run job information to populate a table

Post by sharmabhavesh »

Hi,
I ran a job wherein I am loading data from source to target after some transformations. Now I want to load the summary of this already run job into a table using Datastage. How can I retrieve the number of records passing through each link in the already run job.
Also, in a Datastage job, is it possible to retrieve other job information like last run status, last run start and end time.
I know we can generate a report through dsjob command but I want to do it an a Datastage job/sequence.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use a server job, or a BASIC Transformer stage in a parallel job, to invoke the appropriate DataStage macros to retrieve the information in which you're interested. If there's no DataStage macro, use a DataStage API function.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

See this post also, in case you are interested:

ETL Statistics
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can find ETLStats here when you're ready.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.