Control-M DataStage Plugin (Parameter Set Values)

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

smleonard
Participant

Control-M DataStage Plugin (Parameter Set Values)

Post by smleonard »

Hello,

We're in the process of moving our DataStage scheduling to Control-M and I ran into a scenario I was wondering if any of you had encountered. Rather than run a shell script wrapper/dsjob command, Control-M offers a plugin that can call jobs directly, and allows the ability to set the standard runtime configurations.

The only thing I haven't been able to find yet is if we have a parameter set defined with multiple value lists, we can't seem to indicate that in Control-M. On the command line, it would be something simple like "-param PS=valueList1" but in the Control-M plugin, it just lists out every single parameter and the ability to set each individually.

Has anyone else run into this scenario? I figure we can continue to use the command line interface if needed, but the plugin does offer some nicer logging functionality.

Thanks,
-Sean
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

We are currently using a script to invoke jobs via Control-M. Apologies, I will not be able to answer your question.

Control-M's DataStage plug-in sounds interesting. Once you have productionalized it, please do post your impression of it on this forum.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like a support question for BMC.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kmohancet
Premium Member
Premium Member

Feedback

Post by kmohancet »

Sean,

Have you implemented the DS plug-in solution? If so, please could you post the following details?

What is your control-m environment (OS, etc.)?

Where is the DS plug-in installed?

Any specific issues you have run into?

Do you also use Control-M Archive? If so, are the DS logs available in Control-m?

Thanks
KM