ISTOOLS export for one job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

CLOPES
Participant

ISTOOLS export for one job

Post by CLOPES »

Hello all from France,

I'm using the istools for my deliveries and it works fine but only for all jobs.

i have categories as

Jobs
sub_cat1
1- sub_cat2
1-sub_cat4
Job1
Job2
2- sub_cat3

If i want to just export the Job1, what is the command ?

i've tried
Jobs/sub_cat1/*/Job1.*
Jobs/sub_cat1/*/Job1.sjb
Jobs/sub_cat1/1- sub_cat2/1-sub_cat4/Job1.sjb
Jobs/sub_cat1/1- sub_cat2/*/Job1.sjb

it doesn't work.
Return is

Beginning Export
Elapsed time: 00:00:01
Exported 0 assets
Export failed

or

Invalid wildcard in folder.

I know it's only a syntax problem and i haven't find it.

/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Clients/istools/cli/istool export -domain IPLAED01:9080 -u user -p passord -archive /data/AUTOMATISATION/AUTOMATE/Config/Automate_v1.0.3_20140821.isx -ds '-incdep -incexec -base="'IPLAED01'/'AUTOMATISATION'" Jobs/*/*.*'

Thanks in advance.

Carlos.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Try dropping everything from -base to the end of your sample command.

Use the -ds option followed by syntax: 'server/project/folder/name.type' where folder is as many folders as needed and type is sjb for server job as in your example, or pjb for parallel job (for those with parallel jobs). It works fine without the double quotes.

Using your example, plug in your project name:

/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Clients/istools/cli/istool export -domain IPLAED01:9080 -u user -p passord -archive /data/AUTOMATISATION/AUTOMATE/Config/Automate_v1.0.3_20140821.isx -ds 'IPLAED01/project/Jobs/sub_cat1/1- sub_cat2/1-sub_cat4/Job1.sjb' -incdep -incexec

Once you get that working, then check into using the -authfile option to hide your password by encrypting it into a secured file.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
CLOPES
Participant

Post by CLOPES »

Thanks qt_ky,

it works !!
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

You're welcome!

:D
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius