dsjob -ljobs question Different results in 2 DS projects

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I checked on 8.7.0.0 and do not see the ISD jobs reported with the running status. I also do not see the garbled text returned. Instead it's just an empty list.

You can still use the ps -ef | grep ... command to check from the operating system level.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
EII
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by EII »

Thanks for checking your running ISD jobs. Not sure why I'm seeing that text and you get an empty list but neither of us are seeing the ISD jobs that are running so at least that is consistent.

I could definitely execute something like ps -ef | grep phantom or ps -ef | grep DSD to see what all is running, but this will look at all DataStage jobs in all projects. We have multiple projects on each environment and ISD jobs only run in one of those projects. That is why I was trying to leverage dsjob -ljobs with a status of 0 (running jobs) for the specific ISD project.

What I'm really trying to obtain is the list of currently running ISD jobs so that I can programmatically iterate over these jobs and un-deploy all running ISD services before we have to reboot the server (this is occurring a lot lately due to increased OS patching etc...). If I can get this list then I can save it off to a file and when the server is brought back online and the Information Server Services are started again the script can go back over this list of ISD jobs that are supposed to be running and deploy/enable them. Right now we only have around 60 ISD jobs running, but eventually there will be over 1000 ISD jobs running in this project and doing this manually through the Information Server console (undeploy/re-deploy) is out of the question.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I posted a sample script with ISD deploy / undeploy commands.

viewtopic.php?t=144561

As we build new web services, we add their ISD application names to the ISD stop/start scripts.

Detecting ISD applications that are deployed and iterating through a dynamic would be a nicer solution for a large number of ISD applications.

It has been my experience that deployed ISD applications do automatically restart themselves after restarting Information Server (or after rebooting).

The only drawback I have seen to the automatic starting is that the previously running instances have a status of crashed and after several server restarts, the status view in DataStage Director becomes cluttered with all the crashed instances, but it all functions OK.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius