how to export a project into a dsx file in datastage 8.1

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kiranh_1214
Premium Member
Premium Member

how to export a project into a dsx file in datastage 8.1

Post by kiranh_1214 »

we are migrating from v 8.1 to v 8.7. we need to add the grid parameters to the jobs after they are migrated to v8.7. to add the parameters to each of the job trying to export the project into a dsx file and then add the three parameters in that dsx file.
please let me know if we can export the project into a dsx from linux.
Kiran Kumar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kiran1214
Participant

Post by kiran1214 »

thanks for the info. do we have any command to export the project from the server side(linux). let me know if there is any way to add one environmental variables to all jobs either from command line ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

From what I recall, only istool runs on the server and that doesn't handle dsx files. That doesn't mean you can't use it however. The client side is the expected side for imports and exports and where command line functions like dsexport and dscmdexport live.
kiran1214 wrote:let me know if there is any way to add one environmental variables to all jobs either from command line ?
There isn't. That's either your export/edit/import process you've been pondering or just start adding them like normal, one at a time in the Designer. Usually in cases like this, by the time you figure out, code, debug and run a method to do it automatically, you could have been long done if you've just done it manually. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers