inport/export data between information server and architect

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abyss
Premium Member
Premium Member

inport/export data between information server and architect

Post by abyss »

Hi all:
we are recently set up the infosphere information server 9.1 and installed data architect 9.1 on client tiler.
we plan to recreate all our data model on data architect and import both logical and physical design to metadata server. from what i know so far, to do it we need to use IBM InfoSphere Data Architect MetaBroker bridge. However I can't find it in data architect, import export manager or metadata manager. I been looking for it for 2 and half days :s. i also tried to use IBM import export manager but it said IBM import export manager is deprecated so i couldn't use it either.
so does anyone know how to achieve it?
thanks
H
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try using Import Export Manager. All "deprecated" means at the moment is that it's no longer supported. It still works.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abyss
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abyss »

thanks for your reply ray, i knew it. but on import export manager, on the import tab, I can't found Data Architect MetaBroker from the drop down list. i can see Data Architect MetaBroker option on the export tab, but when i select it and press start button the program just quite no parameter window come up.
i think is might because i didn't install the Data Architect MetaBroker on the client pc, but i don't know where i can download it, couldn't find it.
vamsi.4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

what is the need for recreating your data model on data architect?
abyss
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abyss »

we want import all the existing models into data architect, however if we can't find a way to do it, we may recreate them in architect.
we still need to import those models into designer anyway.