sequence log clarifacation

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi.4a6
Participant

sequence log clarifacation

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

we have one sequence which consists of 10 parallel jobs.I need to capture the log for all 10 jobs+sequence from unix in a text file whenever i run the sequence.

Approach:Use dssearch command to get the list of jobs and for each job get the log information using dsjob command.I am thinking is there any other way which simplifies my approach?
Thanks and Regards
Vamsi krishna.v
http://datastage-vamsi.blogspot.in/
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, not really. You can do as you noted from the command line or the equivalent functions exist in the BASIC API, so you could also do it via Job Control.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: sequence log clarifacation

Post by ray.wurlod »

vamsi.4a6 wrote:I need to capture the log for all 10 jobs+sequence from unix in a text file whenever i run the sequence.
Why?

The logs are right there to be viewed in Director.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vamsi.4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

@ray

Thanks for input.We have auto purge enabled and In production we want to capture how many records are processed,how many records are loaded,is there any warnings,is all activities in the sequence ran or not etc.i Think we can get above information using logs.

@chullet

If I wrote the logic using BASIC API,in that case do i need to include the basic routine in every job sequence?.I want to trigger this BASIC API code whenever sequence job is triggered(success or failure).Not sure how to proceed?
Thanks and Regards
Vamsi krishna.v
http://datastage-vamsi.blogspot.in/
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you were writing the BASIC routine I'd call it either through a Routine activity as the final activity of the sequence, or in a controlling sequence that runs "your" sequence.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Some of the information you may want to get directly from the job itself, rather than the log. And we've just had conversations on this subject (actually there are tons on the site), I'll see if I can link in the most recent one.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers