Metadatawork bench clarification

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi.4a6
Participant

Metadatawork bench clarification

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

In our project during in stallion of datastage we ask us to install only datastage.I can see metadataworkbench,fasttrack etc during installation but we did not selected these components as per client request.Now i am proposing to my client to install metadataworkbench since it will be very useful to my project.

Clarification:
1)Do we need to pay separate license cost for metadataworkbench?

2)Is administration for metadataworkbench tool is difficult since we have admin for datastage not
for metadataworkbench tool?

3)Do we have any drawback or anything since i am proposing to my client to install metadataworkbench tool?It may be anything.
Thanks and Regards
Vamsi krishna.v
http://datastage-vamsi.blogspot.in/
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

(1) Yes.
(2) Depends what you mean by difficult. Basically no. It's a browser connection to a set of services. Admin for DataStage already administers IIS.
(3) Basically no. It's a browser connection to a set of services.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vamsi.4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

Thanks for input.during installation since it is showing Metadataworkbench even though i did not selected i believe we have licence and is there any way to check whether we have license or not.Apart from checking with admin since admin does not know about this tool
Thanks and Regards
Vamsi krishna.v
http://datastage-vamsi.blogspot.in/
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Check with the party who purchased your license(s) and/or check with the party who your license(s) were purchased from. If the software was purchased from IBM then you can usually view your entitlements on the IBM Passport Advantage web site, which is on www.ibm.com.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius