Quick Find doesn't find stage names

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cppwiz
Participant

Quick Find doesn't find stage names

Post by cppwiz »

I need to find jobs that use certain tables, but the table definitions are not imported into the repository. Instead, each table is coded in a Dynamic RDBMS stage with the stage name the same as the table name.

The problem is that neither Quick Find or Advanced Find is finding the jobs with the stage names even if I use wildcards around the name. When I do a manual hunt for the stages, I can see the stage name is set correctly in the Property Browser.

The easy solution would be to export the entire repository to a DSX file and search it outside of DS Designer, but alas the import and export security has been restricted.

Are DS_JOBS and DS_JOBOBJECTS queries my only option or is there some other way to find the stage names?
vamsi.4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

I believe MetadataworkBench Tool from IBM will suit your requirement.
Thanks and Regards
Vamsi krishna.v
http://datastage-vamsi.blogspot.in/
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Neither stages nor links are independent repository objects, which is why you can't select them and why you can't search for them.

As noted, Metadata Workbench is the preferred tool for searching for named components.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.