Infosphere Information Server 9.1 - License

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nvalia
Premium Member
Premium Member

Infosphere Information Server 9.1 - License

Post by nvalia »

Hi All,

When we purchase the Information Server 9.1 License, does it include both the Server and Parallel Engine? I mean we will be able to design both Server and Parallel jobs

If we would like to use only Server jobs, is there a separate license instead of buying the package that includes both or that option is not available at all?

Thanks,
VN
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

The licensing that IBM quotes today does include both Server and PX jobs. Though there used to be a cheaper "Server-only" license, I don't believe that is available anymore.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

My organization does not have an "Information Server license" so to speak. We have a plethora of licenses for each individual product component in the suite.

IBM offers the software in a variety of editions and bundles. Please check directly with an IBM sales person. I would be curious to hear what you find out.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius