error while Installing IBM datastage 9.1.2

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mvrkreddy
Participant

error while Installing IBM datastage 9.1.2

Post by mvrkreddy »

while installing IBM Infosphere server datastage 9.1.2 i got the below exception.

com.ibm.is.install.exception.ActionException:CDIIN5123e:ExecuteScriptAction failed:the process returned error code 1:
CDIIN51061:Details:
InstallAction(_id=invoke.srddb.oracle11g_repository.properties,_installUnitModelID= QSSRDServices

could you please help us on the same
RAJESH
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I hit something similar on 8.7 (same error code, different return code, different details). I had to contact IBM Support, open a PMR, and they guided me through a manual workaround. I suggest you check the installer's log files and if nothing obvious jumps out to fix, then contact your product support.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
kkmreddy
Participant

Re: error:while Installing IBM datastage 9.1.2

Post by kkmreddy »

Hi Did you find any solution for this issue? I am facing exactly same error message during the installation.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Looks like you're having some issues with the QualityStage Standardization Rules Designer setup.
You are using Oracle? Have you run the scripts to create the repository DB and user properly?

Look in the Planning, Installation and Configuration guide understand how to create and run the appropriate scripts.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Review the installer log files for clues. You may have missed a prerequisite step (documented or not).
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
mvrkreddy
Participant

Post by mvrkreddy »

Actually i have selected all tools first, but later I came back and selected only DataStage. So still it is going to install QualityStage i think... this is may be bug??
RAJESH
WesL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by WesL »

Here is a link to a technote that will get you on the right track with the srduser and Standardization Rules Designer

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21614129

Best of luck.