package creation problem

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi.4a6
Participant

package creation problem

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

We created one package for 200+ jobs using Information server manager tool.The problem is
some job sequences are exported with parallel jobs and some job sequences are not exported with parallel jobs eventhough we selected
selected Include all dependencies option.Not sure what could be the problem and any help is appreciated
Thanks and Regards
Vamsi krishna.v
http://datastage-vamsi.blogspot.in/
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Have you tried starting with a selection of the sequence jobs and including their dependencies? Top down vs. bottom up.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
vamsi.4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

@qt_ky

I selected randomly.you mean to say

Top down -->selecting job sequence and then selecting parallel jobs
bottomup -->selecting parallel jobs and then selecting jobsequence

whether my understanding is correct or not.

to resolve the issue what is the best way to select the parallel jobs and job sequence since i am going to create the package one more time
Thanks and Regards
Vamsi krishna.v
http://datastage-vamsi.blogspot.in/
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

It wasn't clear what worked and what failed. A sequence job would not be a dependency of a parallel job. It's the other way around.

By top down I meant select your sequence jobs, or a master sequence job, and request all the dependencies. That should bring all the sub-sequence jobs, parallel jobs, server jobs, parameter sets, etc.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius