Datastage director read only access

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harikhk
Participant

Datastage director read only access

Post by harikhk »

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a facility in DataStage 8.7 version, to provide read only access to the director. By read only access I mean just to browse the repository, monitor and view logs or in other words restrict execution of jobs from director.

Please help me understand
Thanks,
HK
*Go GREEN..Save Earth*
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I think it's not available in DataStage Director but is available in the DataStage Operations Console. Here is a quote from the new features web page of the 8.7 information center:
InfoSphere Information Server includes a new role called Operations Viewer. This role is restricted to use only the Operations Console read-only views. Administrators can generously assign this role to users and groups, including in production, and trust that no objects within InfoSphere Information Server can be altered or run. Additionally, in situations where operational metadata needs to be shared with other applications in the enterprise, organizations can use the fully documented metadata schema to define those integrations.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

I would advise contacting IBM about the Read Only version of director.
harikhk
Participant

Post by harikhk »

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the post.
Will check the option with the IBM support team
Thanks,
HK
*Go GREEN..Save Earth*
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

This was accepted as a requirement for a future release. Check with IBM about the status of this APAR.

JR37119: PROVIDE A WAY FOR USERS WITH THE ROLE "DATASTAGE OPERATOR" TO HA VE A "READ-ONLY" DIRECTOR (Last updated 2010-07-06).
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius