ISADMIN , WASADMIN and XMETA Passwords

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

m_mani87
Participant

ISADMIN , WASADMIN and XMETA Passwords

Post by m_mani87 »

Hi ,

Our server is installed by a different vendor and the account has come to us. We dont have informtions on ISADMIN,WASADMIN and XMETA passwords.
I need the same to install fixpacks . Is there anwhere i could find the password in the server files?

I do not want to reset the passwords as i am worried of the impacts of changing it.
dsetlteam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsetlteam »

Request for the passwords from the previous vendor
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Who let them depart without securely handing over the passwords?

There is no way you can find the passwords "on the server files" - even if you could, they'd be stored in an encrypted form.

I agree, demand the passwords from the previous vendors, perhaps with the threat of litigation if necessary.

Alternatively you can disable security in WAS and institute new passwords via the AppServerAdmin command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

Assuming that you have root access on the Unix server, you can view the encrypted passwords for WASADMIN and XMETA in /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/InfoSphere/config/cells/<hostname>Node01Cell/security.xml:

Code: Select all

<userRegistries xmi:type="security:LocalOSUserRegistry" xmi:id="LocalOSUserRegistry" serverId="wasadmin" serverPassword="PASSWORD" realm= ...
and

Code: Select all

<authDataEntries xmi:id= ... alias="ASB DB user" userId="xmeta" password="PASSWORD" description="User account to connect to the SQL database holding the ASB repository"/>
I am not sure that you will be able to use these though :!: I will suggest ... same as previous poster's advise, either get it from the vendor or update the password.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

There are quite a few steps that have to be taken to set new passwords, and if you skip a step, you can easily trash your system. The procedures are all well documented and can be supplied by contacting your customer service vendor who will email / walk you through the steps.

However - I agree - get the previous vendor to give you the passwords!
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020