How to setup local repository tier

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kkmreddy
Participant

How to setup local repository tier

Post by kkmreddy »

Hi ,
I am trying to install Metadata repository on the same machine where engine and domain will be installed. Version is 8.7 on Windows. In earlier version repository was on Oracle server outside this machine .
What should be my initial steps to setup metadata repository on the same machine ?

Any help is appreciated !

Thank you
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Follow precisely the instructions in the Planning, Installation and Configuration Guide.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

The answer varies quite a bit depending on what database you are trying to use. If you are going to use the included, free copy of DB2, then it is installed automatically as part of the process. If you are going to use a local copy of Oracle, then you'll need to install the Oracle software and then setup the Oracle database prior to performing the install.

Note: Please read the Planning, Installation and Configuration Guide sections on Oracle before setting it up. Please make sure it is a supported revision as well.

Here's the procedure to pre-install the Oracle Database
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iisin ... le_db.html
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020