Anyone tried installing DataStage onto Amazon Oracle RDS?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vmcburney
Participant

Anyone tried installing DataStage onto Amazon Oracle RDS?

Post by vmcburney »

Was wondering if you could install Information Server 9.1 onto Amazon AWS and use an Amazon RDS Oracle instance as the XMETA repository? Amazon RDS has an Oracle instance which doesn't require an Oracle DB license - Amazon takes care of that - but I don't know if the DBA or system restrictions will prevent the Information Server setup scripts from running.
WesL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by WesL »

I'm actually playing around with the concept for a customer. I'll let you know what we find out.
WesL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by WesL »

Not sure if anyone has noticed but IBM pulled the old 8.1 AMI from Amazon. I'm pretty sure they are working on offering the same type thing on SoftLayer. Long term I'm sure they are looking at other cloud related efforts.

I was able to get my test instance up and running with Amazon RDS. I have to say it seems very stable and fast. Hoping to pump a lot of generic data through and see if I can get a baseline for comparison with some of the other systems we manage.