Retrieve the last Job log of a renamed sequence job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anu123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retrieve the last Job log of a renamed sequence job

Post by anu123 »

All, I have searched for an answer and couldn't get any near by solutions to try. If possible, I want to know how to retrieve the last job log of a sequence job. I had ran the sequence job, it ran successfully, and then I have changed the name of that sequence job and also the routine name used in it and job parameters, and I have re-compiled it twice. But now I want to retrieve the job log of that sequences last run before changing the name. Is this possible ? If so please let me know how.

Thanks in advance.
Thank you,
Anu
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

No - renaming the job wiped out all the old job logs.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Andy - is that because the job is renumbered?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Before changing the name it can be done. Changing the name allocates a new job number, the new log is empty and the old log is removed.

The easiest ways to retrieve the last run are (a) to use the log view in Designer client (Crtl-L), which only ever shows the current run, or (b) to use a Filter in Director client set to "Start of last run".

From Director you can generate a printed or "save as file" version, using Print from the Project menu (or Ctrl-P).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So that's a yes. :wink:
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's actually a NO to the original question, which I read to mean whether the old log can be accessed after a job is renamed.

The moral of this story is "plan ahead". And take a backup before you delete anything.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I wasn't referring to the original question seeing as how Andy already answered it. I was, of course, referring to MY question.
-craig