Datastage project location space

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

m_mani87
Participant

Datastage project location space

Post by m_mani87 »

Hi,

If i create a project in datastage it is created in the path which is allocated for our projects (etl/IS/Projects). How much space is allocated to each of the project . Is there any limitaions for individual projects. If so where can i see and change according to my needs.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There is no space allocated per Project, it's just a folder. The space is controlled by size of the partition you've created it in and it serves all projects.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

If you are on a 32 bit version of the application, you may run into a ceiling on the quantity of jobs per project. We were topping off in the 4K range. Mileage will vary.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I think that may be more about the O/S you are running, from what I recall AIX imposes a limit on the number of sub-folders.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

I've found that once you start getting into the thousands of jobs it is time to think about splitting up the project. Otherwise maintenance becomes impossible as it starts taking hours to run a backup or syncproject on really large projects.

Those projects are also more likely to get stressed, have corruption, and are of course "critical" because they contain a lot of jobs. So announcing you need to take it down for several hours for backup / fixing is usually not popular.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020