$PROJDEF Problem

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

meriem_ens
Participant

$PROJDEF Problem

Post by meriem_ens »

Hello all,
I have created a User-defined Variables EVPassword encrypted using Datastage Administrator.

I set the default value for the variable EVPassword to $PROJDEF.
I have changed the value of EVPassword from the Datastage Administrator and run the jobs, some jobs work fine but some jobs abort.

When checking the error messages in the logs of aborted jobs, I realize that the EVPassword variable has not changed and has kept the old value.

Even after the re-import and the compilation of all the jobs, when I change the value of the variable EVPassword, the problem occurs for some jobs.

Can you please help me about this weird behavior of PROJDEF!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What's your version?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
meriem_ens
Participant

Post by meriem_ens »

DataStage 7.5.3 (PX)
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Make sure that the value in the job / sequence is also encrypted. Since you can't see what you are typing, use copy / paste from notepad to fill them in with $PROJDEF.

Usually when you see "old" passwords it is because it is being over-ridden from a higher sequencer or shell script.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I just wanted to make sure you were on the latest (last) 7.x release as, from what I recall, all of this $PROJDEF goodness was actually supposed to work.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers