Projects not available in XMETA

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asyed
Participant

Projects not available in XMETA

Post by asyed »

When I run the below query, I find only two default projects - ANALYZERPROJECT and dstage. However, we have more than these projects.

Can you please let me know I can have XMETA store the other projects ? I have OR Logging enabled through administrator (v9.1), still I am unable view the projects.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

We seem to be missing the 'below query'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
altruist
Participant

Post by altruist »

Sorry I have missed the query

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM XMETA.DATASTAGEX_XMETAGEN_DSPROJECTC2E76D84;
Not just this table, but in other XMETA tables as well, I only see information about default projects (ANALYZERPROJECT and dstage) [I have enabled OR Logging in administrator v9.1]
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Are you sure you've done this right?

You should also get the DataClick project in there if it's 9.1, and if you have other projects on that instance of InfoSphere, they will show up there.

Are you sure you are running this query on the right XMETA? Maybe you have multiple instances (and obviously multiple XMETAs) and you're not running this query against the XMETA you think you are. ?
altruist
Participant

Post by altruist »

The XMETA tables that I am using are correct. I have basically queried all the XMETA tables start with DATASTAGEX_XMETAGEN%.

We have 8.5 and 9.1 on same server. Could this be causing any issues ?
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

You are hitting the right XMETA table, but it sounds like you are be running these queries against your 8.5 repository, not the 9.1 one.
Even if you were only seeing the "default" projects, you'd have a DataClick project if it were the 9.1 repository.

An easy way to check is to see if you have a table called GLOSSARYEXTENSIONS_XMETAGEN_POLICY6662C0F2. BG Policies didn't exist before 9.1.
altruist
Participant

Post by altruist »

Thanks stuart, I was hitting the 8.5 repository until now. I have obtained the credentials of 9.1 and as you mentioned it is working fine now.