Error logging in with newly created user id

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sreesuku2
Participant

Error logging in with newly created user id

Post by sreesuku2 »

I have created a DS user dsuser1 and assigned a password. I am able to retrieve the list of projects in Designer, but getting the below error when trying to open one project.

Error message:
Failed to connect to Information Server Engine: ABC, project: dstage1.

(User name and/or password incorrect. If credential mapping is used, check the credential mapped user name and password are correctly configured (80011))

I have added the new user using IBM Information server url http://servername:9080/ibm/iis/console/. This user was given admin privileges. Added to the below suites

Common Metadata Administrator
Suite Administrator
Suite User
I have also configured the user in Engine credentials.

Am I missing anything here ?

Regards
Sreekumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're missing one of the DataStage product roles and, if that's DataStage User, configuring that user's access to the project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sreesuku2
Participant

Post by sreesuku2 »

Hi Ray,

I have created it as a Datastage user. When I login to Administrator, I could see this user with the same role as wasadmin,isadmin ids (Datastage and Quality stage administrator) for all projects.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Its not the role you missed,

You missed to do the credential mapping in IS Console and if you did that, you entered wrong credentials.

open http://servername:9080/ibm/iis/console/ and do the credential mapping as well.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
sreesuku2
Participant

Post by sreesuku2 »

Hi priyadarshikunal

As I mentioned in my first post I have done the credential mapping in IS Console. I have given the correct credentials as well. I have tested by giving a wrong password. Then its giving me a different error.

Error message:
Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Services Tier
Invalid user name (dsuser1) or password.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

This error comes when you pass incorrect user/password for datastage's user. created in is console, but, the other one comes when the user is not mapped to a engine credential (OS user) or the engine credential is incorrect.
Priyadarshi Kunal

sreesuku2
Participant

Post by sreesuku2 »

Hi,

I have referred this link and mapped the engine credentials.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... layer.html
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

That is the correct way to do it, make sure the password you provided during credential mapping is correct.
Priyadarshi Kunal

sreesuku2
Participant

Post by sreesuku2 »

I have verified that credentials are correct.

I have doubt only about the 10th step. I could see some groups/users under the policy 'Allow logon Automatically'. But I am not sure whether my new id is part of any of this group. When I try to add the user id it says that id cannot be found.

It could be a silly question. Mapping the Info Server account to OS account is done through steps 7,8,9 in the above link. Can we know against which OS Account this id is getting mapped ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, by looking at the Engine Credentials in the web console for Information Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sreesuku2
Participant

Post by sreesuku2 »

Hi,

The issue got solved. I was mapping this user id with wrong OS account. I corrected it by verifying the same in Engine credentials as mentioned by Ray.

Thanks to Ray.wurlod and priyadarshikunal