How to Output Multiple Job Logs

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iq_etl
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to Output Multiple Job Logs

Post by iq_etl »

In my sequence, I've got a job that collects the row count on a table prior to loading. This job takes in the table name as a variable, so I can use this one 'pre-count' job for all of my tables.

As it stands, if I want to look at the job log for a specific table in this job, I have to search back through all of the jog logs in the hopes that the information for a specific table is still retained. That is, there is only the one job listed for the 'pre-count' in Director and I have search the log.

What I'd like to do though is when I look at this 'pre-count' job in Director, I'd like to see multiple logs. One for each table. I have the table name, so is there a way to use that to create different, unique instances of the results to view in director?

Thanks.
Last edited by iq_etl on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

If you setup the job as multi-instance job and use the table-name to identify each instance you should get what you want.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm not sure I'd be relying on the logs for information like this. Is this something you could specifically store outside the logs so you have more control of how it is stored and how long it is retained?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
iq_etl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by iq_etl »

It's possible. We do send notification when this happens, but we're hoping to make it a bit easier to locate the correct job log in Director.

Oh, big mistake in the OP. This is parallel edition, but it's a server job.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

FYI - You are able to go back and edit your original post to correct the Job Type...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers