Searching for Jobs that use a particular table

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sirishds
Participant

Searching for Jobs that use a particular table

Post by sirishds »

HI Gurus,

I need to list all the jobs in a project for which a particular table is being used.

The table name supposed to find is "R_DM_SCRB_DTL' ". In the jobs as per the convention, we need to prefix 'ora' or 'src' something as such before the table name so in the below query I used DS_JOBOBJECTS.NAME like '%_R_DM_SCRB_DTL'

I used the below query:
SELECT distinct DS_JOBS.NAME AS JOB_NAME FROM DS_JOBS,DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE DS_JOBS.JOBNO = DS_JOBOBJECTS.OBJIDNO AND DS_JOBOBJECTS.NAME like '%_R_DM_SCRB_DTL' AND CATEGORY LIKE '\Global\RDM\Supply Chain%';

Query works and it helps me to find if any such table is used in the job.

But in my current scenario I have a job (job_name: j_P_ITEM).P_item(table_name) is used as a source and named as ora_P_ITEM (oracle_connector stage) used. Internally in the query left outer join is performed on R_DM_SCRB_DTL'. I would also need to list such things. If 'R_DM_SCRB_DTL' is used internally in the query even need to list such jobs. Is there a way that I can write a query in command line to pull the list of such jobs? Kindly help

Thanks in advance.
Kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need an additional filter to check the entire DS_JOBOBJECTS record for the (possibly partial) name of the table, maybe constraining that to records for which OLETYPE ends in "put". Use EVAL and @RECORD in the query - search DSXchange for examples.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

If you have access to Metadata Workbench and are familiar with it, you might also consider using that.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020