Director 8.5 - Change View

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

smile.achieve
Participant

Director 8.5 - Change View

Post by smile.achieve »

Hi,

I work in a support environment, I need to use Datastage Director Hourly basis, My problem is that there is only one project and there are serveral subject areas and subfolders in the production system.

I need to visit each and every folder every hour to see if there are any job failures/Aborts which is tedious and unpleasant

Is there any possibility to create a view or a dashboard such that it lists all the FAILED or ABORTED jobs only irrespective of the subfolders where the job resides be it sequence job or a parallel job.

How to achieve this. Suggestions please

Ranjan
Smile :)
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Generally developers use email notification activity to report any failure. If it is not done below are your few options. There might be more but these are the ones you can start with.

You can migrate to 9.1 which has operation console. Or there is a application called iKnow which was presented in IOD last year.

Alternatively, you can tweak ETLStats to get only information you want and then get the report from the stored details about jobs.

Or simply create a script or routine to fetch status of jobs, format it and send e-mail.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Just uncheck the show categories option under the view menu. You can then sort by the status column so that all aborted jobs will appear at the top regardless of job category.

Note that if you have a large number of jobs in your project, the screen refresh can take some time. You will want to bump up the seconds between automatic refreshes in that case.

Mike
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Or that :oops:
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

The Operational Console is available in 8.7 as well. It has an Activity tab that shows job activity across ALL projects.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020