Unix environment setup file for pre and after job routines

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumarjit
Participant

Unix environment setup file for pre and after job routines

Post by kumarjit »

Guys ,

Good to be back after a long time , but with one doubt offcourse .

I have been trying to access all post available in this site , and accross the Internet , but I might not have been able to frame my question yet, thats why I'm ending in a dead alley everytime.

I intend to run a very simple script , like the one below as an after job routine for one of my parallel jobs .

Code: Select all

#! /usr/bin/ksh
id
echo $HOME
echo $PATH
The intention is to see
a) The Unix session in which all pre and after job routines run and
b) The values of different Unix environment variables during after job routine processing

Question is :
IS THERE ANY DATASTAGE SPECIFIC UNIX FILE THAT SETS THE ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES DURING PRE AND AFTER JOB SCRIPT RUN ?

Thanks
Kumarjit.
Pain is the best teacher, but very few attend his class..
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

There can be many depending on what you want.

normal unix enviornment valiables can be over ridden in dsenv which takes effect when the server is started. Which can still be overridden by defining them in Administrator environment variable for that project. Also these environment variables can be called in job and overridden there.

So you may have to check at multiple places or at the start of job, environment variable settings are displayed, you can check the value during that job run in there.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The answer to your question posted in bold is: no, there is no DataStage script the specifically sets ENV in pre- and post-job routines.

The "dsenv" file sets general values for all processes and the job parameter names and values are stored as ENV variables. The relevant DSPARAMS file entries are also stored in the ENV (these are displayed in the log entries labelled "Environment variable settings:" in each run.

In parallel job the values for environment variables are not going to to be different in the pre- and post-job routines than what is displayed in the log.