Job Report Through Unix - Including File Paths

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

altruist
Participant

Job Report Through Unix - Including File Paths

Post by altruist »

Hi,

I wanted to kick off a script, which can fetch me ALL the job details eg. Job Description, File Paths etc. similar to File Menu > Generate Report.

I have checked dsjob -report , but it doesn't fetch all the details as listed above.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sounds like you need to create your own script, then.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
altruist
Participant

Post by altruist »

Hi Ray,

Can you please let me know where I can get the information to write the shell script. I basically want to search for any string pattern in the entire project.

Are there any UV tables where I can get ALL the information pertaining to job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

All of the design-time information can be had from DS_JOBOBJECTS table. Much of the information about relationships between stages is also to be found in the RT_CONFIGnnn table for the job, while the run-time status is to had from the RT_STATUSnnn table.

However the structure of these tables is not documented by the vendor, and the right to change them at any time is reserved.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.