Purging all log files - how ?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Purging all log files - how ?

Post by hsahay »

Hi

I am looking to purge all my log files. My logs are being kept in the RT_LOGnnn files instead of in the repository.

From the following article i found a command that wakes up every 30 minutes to purge about 10000 logs.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21370048

The command is -

./LoggingAdmin.sh -user <user> -password <password> -create -schedule -name "DS job event purge task" -frequency -minutes 30 -threshold 10000 -percentage 100 -includeCategories IIS-DSTAGE-RUN

The article says - After the logs are purged, the scheduled task can be deleted by issuing this command

./LoggingAdmin.sh -user <user> -password <password> -delete -schedule -name "DS job event purge task"

Question is - How do we know that all the logs are indeed purged ? Where can we monitor this scheduled job ? Where does it show up ?
vishal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Those instructions are for purging logs from the XMETA repository. For the hashed files I'd look into a looping script, probably simplest to find all of the RT_LOG names you've noted and issue a CLEAR.FILE on each one.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

Ah ...thanks Chulett ...
I didn't realize it was only for the repository. Great idea about the loop.
Thanks again.
vishal