Load Multiple Files From FTP Location

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mayurgupta7744
Participant

Load Multiple Files From FTP Location

Post by Mayurgupta7744 »

Hi All,

I need to download multiple files from FTP location into Local Machine. Can any one suggest one generic method which can be used while implementing the job in DataStage to perform this task.

Any help will be appriciated!
Best Regards,
Mayur
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A UNIX script. And if you really need a DataStage job to run it, use a Sequence job. However, what does "local machine" mean here - the ETL server?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Mayurgupta7744
Participant

FTP Stage

Post by Mayurgupta7744 »

Hi,

By Local machine, i mean machine/node in which DataStage Server is installed. I wish to use DataStage stages for implementing this logic.

Recently i came across FTP Enterprise Stage which is use to load the files from FTP location to DataStage Server. Now the question is how can i load multiple files from FTP location to DataStage Server by using single job/FTP Stage?
Best Regards,
Mayur
MrBlack
Participant

Post by MrBlack »

I haven't tested this but in the FTP stage, could you just define a file pattern like

file_*.csv

Other options would be to
  • Use a sequence to loop through each file that needs processing. There's many ways you can define a list such as statically, OS scripting, or read in a master file from the FTP that would have a list of file names to process.
  • Instead of FTP, mount the location to your server and use the Folder Stage which you can use file patterns.