Subversion in DataStage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

das_nirmalya
Participant

Subversion in DataStage

Post by das_nirmalya »

I am using DataStage 8.5 in AIX OS.

I want to configure subversion so that from DS client itself i can import/export DS job...

Is it possible ? if yes , need help..
nsd
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's not possible. You need to use Information Server Manager to move DataStage objects into and out of SubVersion.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
anu123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anu123 »

Can IIS Manager and Subversion be configured to talk to each other? In my earlier assignments I ahve seen IIS Manager talk to ClearCase.

thanks.
Thank you,
Anu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to download the Eclipse plug-in for SubVersion.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
das_nirmalya
Participant

Post by das_nirmalya »

Hi ,
I have information service manager plugged in with eclipse.

Where can i get details steps how to create repository and import/export jobs through Datastage
nsd
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Information Services Manager entries in Information Center or the manuals. Not sure which manuals (not on site at the moment), probably the Administration manual would be a good start.
anu123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anu123 »

nsd,
were you able to configure IIS Manager with Subversion using Eclipse?
If yes, would you please post the high level steps on how to do it.

thanks
Anu
Thank you,
Anu
cdp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cdp »

Check out this forum thread...

viewtopic.php?p=437424
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Here's how to get SubVersion up and running with Information Server Manager. This was done on a version 8.5 site, but should still be current. A newer version of SubVersion's Eclipse plug-in probably exists by now.

Open Information Server Manager.
From the Help menu choose Software Updates; from its sub-menu choose Find and Install.
Choose Search for new features to install on the Install menu.
Select new remote site and enter URL (for example http://subclipse.tigris.rog/update_1.6.x)
Click Finish. Once installed close and restart Information Server Manager.
Create a Domain in Information Server Manager.
Right click on the domain and select Integrate Source Control. This opens the Create and Share Project page of Integrate Source Control.
Fill in the domain (including port number 9080), source control project name, location and select Share project under source control after project creation
Click OK
On the Share Project page select SVN from the list of available repository types. Click Next
On the Share Project with SVN Repository page specify a new or existing SubVersion repository location. Click Next
On the Enter Folder Name page use the project name as the folder name or specify a different folder name, and note the generated URL. Click Next
On the Ready to Share Project page add a comment that becomes part of the audit trail. If using a control mechanism such as ASIS, include the ASIS number. Click Finish
If a message appears advising that the folder already exists and you have used an existing folder, click Yes to continue

It's now ready to use.

From the home menu of Information Server Manager select a project, right click and choose Send to Source Control Workspace.
Right click on the project and choose Team from the menu then, from its sub-menu, choose Add to Version Control.
Once that completes, choose the Team menu again, then Commit.
Enter an appropriate comment for the Commit operation. Click OK.
Progress of checking in is reported.