datastage 8.7 installation on windows 8

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Enzopre
Participant

datastage 8.7 installation on windows 8

Post by Enzopre »

Hi

As by topic title ..... I have to install datastage 8.7 on my pc with windows 8 operating system but during the installation the process has blocked during test requirements phase and it give me a message like this: "system version is not supported".

So, how to install datastage 8.7 on windows 8?

Is there some patch for to do it?

thanks.
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

You can contact your official support provider for confirmation and assistance, but I don't believe that Windows 8 is a supported platform at this time.

Have you tried the -force option?

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

are you trying to install client or server. Only professional, Enterprise editions on windows are supported for client from XP to Windows 7. Haven't heard of windows 8 support yet.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
Enzopre
Participant

Post by Enzopre »

jwiles wrote:[...] Have you tried the -force option?
Sorry for my ignorance i'm new with datastage.... but what's the -force option and how to I use it?

I installed recently datastage client 8.1 on windows 8 and work fine. So, in theory also 8.7 version should install

thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Windows 8 is not supported.

The -force option causes the installer to ignore all but the most severe errors, but there is no guarantee that the installed software will work properly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Enzopre
Participant

Post by Enzopre »

So, from what I have understood from the prompt have I to launch the following command: >> -force setupDS_8.7.exe? .... it right?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, that's not right. Use -force as an option for the setup command (or the install command, depending which platform you're on).
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Enzopre
Participant

Post by Enzopre »

I do not use any setup command. All that I do is double click on the setup.exe file and go on.

I'm on the window 8 platform. what is the setup (or install) command? ... and how to use it along with -force option? ... please.

thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You have choices. You can run it from a CMD shell, you can right click and add execution options.
Enzopre
Participant

Post by Enzopre »

Thanks Ray for your suggestions.

Very good the -force option.

I have ran setup.exe file along with -force option from windows 8 CMD shell and all has worked fine. :D

So, now I wondered why is windows 8 platform not supported by default?

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"Too new" I would imagine so there hasn't been time to fully certify it yet. Nothing gets supported "by default"...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers