IBM Information Server Manager

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

IBM Information Server Manager

Post by rameshrr3 »

Can I use IBM Information Server manager with TFS for datastage version control/code management ? I see that TFS has an Eclipse plugin .

Im not sure how to link IBM IS Manager with Eclipse plug in for TFS.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes it can, and it's straightforward. The manual for ISM describes the process of configuring. Once configured you get an extra sub-menu (called Team) in Information Server Manager that you can use for check-in, check-out, etc.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Thanks Ray. After reading your post ( but skipping over the documentation - which is bad practice, ) , I managed to install the TFS plugin into IIS Manager. I could also open the TFS perspective. Now I will need to look for a TFS id & URL - which can't happen until Next week . Until then..
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Marking this as resolved . Since I started using TFS in a rather crude fashion to check in documents test case worksheets and DSX files and associated scripts. We may switch to CVS later on - once we have corporate blessings :).
BSG1
Participant

Post by BSG1 »

rameshrr3 wrote:Marking this as resolved . Since I started using TFS in a rather crude fashion to check in documents test case worksheets and DSX files and associated scripts. We may switch to CVS later on - once we have corporate blessings :).

Hi Ramesh,

Can you please help me a little bit how did you achieve this. I plan to follow below steps:
1) Install Eclipse
2) Install TFS
3) Install TFS plug in for Eclipse

But Still not clear how it's going to interact with IIS? Can you help what type of setting I would need?