Tivoli Scheduler scenerio

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devesh_ssingh
Participant

Tivoli Scheduler scenerio

Post by devesh_ssingh »

Hi all,

Pardon me if my query is irrelevent for this forum.

i have series of job sequence scheduled in tivoli for daily file arrival.

eg:
Monday seq1 (related appid in tivoli)--->seq2(related appid in tivoli)--->-->seq3(related appid in tivoli)
Repeats till Sunday.

Now there is one source which push multiple file for single day,
So as per my current scheduling as soon as it sees file arrives it start its process and load, and if other file arrives we miss those.
so modification is
my daily scheduled should repeat to pick all those file to finish my loading till end of day.

Unfortunatly our TWS partner is either novice or very buys as they are not co-operating and in this case we need to run jobs manually which skips many other audits trails.
Please let me know if same can be achieved in TWS.

br,

Devesh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can you not use the Start & End Loop stages in the Sequence job so it runs the load once for each file and only completes after all files are processed?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
devesh_ssingh
Participant

Post by devesh_ssingh »

yes craig i can do those changes in DS jobs but those required some testing effort.

Still thinking to achieve this from TWS side.
sudha03_vpr
Participant

Post by sudha03_vpr »

This may give you some idea

Wait for File Activity -> Transfer / FTP file to DS directory -> execute the jobs -> Delete the file in Local (The same process continues for the next file.

If you dont need to delete the file then probably you can timestamp the file as you are done executing the jobs. This can be used for restartability if in case of any failure.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Tivoli Scheduler scenerio

Post by chulett »

devesh_ssingh wrote:my daily scheduled should repeat to pick all those file to finish my loading till end of day.
While you may find some people here familiar with Tivoli, you really would be better served posting this question in a Tivoli support forum if you really don't want to change the DataStage jobs.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers