Help on Error Code 39202

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumarjit
Participant

Help on Error Code 39202

Post by kumarjit »

Hi,
It been a long time since I posted last , but its good to be back amongst the guru's of DS.

I am facing an issue while trying to execute a datastage job by invoking DSJOB command via a Unix shell script
and this is making me go nuts all over.

What we are doing :
I have created a Unix KOrn shell script , which would invoke the dsjob command. This script is part of a larger automation module
and cannot be tampered now.
The script code is soemthing like :

Code: Select all

cd `cat /.dshome`
  . ./dsenv
  cd bin
  ./dsjob -run -mode NORMAL -jobstatus <project_name> <job_name>
This script is physically present in the Datastage hosting server itself

What issues we are facing ??
1. We tested this script by executing it in TWO DIFFERENT Unix sessions , lets say User1 and dsadm , where dsadm is Datastage
administrator user
2. The script runs perfect with dsadm but with User1(Unix session) , the script falters with an error message like
Failed to open the project
Status Code = 39202
3. We even tried executing the following command for the said Unix sessions , but the command works good only under dsadm session but
not with User1

Code: Select all

./dsjob -ljobs project_name
What raises the eyebrows ??
I tried to check if I can can log into the same project(project_name) Datastage Designer using the User1 credentials, and surprisingly
I was not only able to do so , but I was able to execute a job from the Designer.

Is there any where else that I might look into ?

I know there are atleast 50 blogs scribbed under the "39202" banner in this forum, but none proves to be a good help.

I am looking forward to your replies.
If there are any documents/guides that can help me in similar situations , please share that too.

Thanks
Kumarjit Ghosh.
Pain is the best teacher, but very few attend his class..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Pass in the proper credentials on the command line, user / password / domain.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check that the Engine credentials, set up in the Web Console for Information Server (Domain Management > Engine credentials) are set up correctly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumarjit
Participant

Post by kumarjit »

@chulett:
We have been running the same unix script ( but in another server), and the script runs wihtout any error even if the user/password/domain is NOT PASSED to the command line. Its just this new server that the script fails , and that too for one specific user only.

@ray:
I DO NOT HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT THE Web Console for Information Server as you say :?: ( Domain Management come much later).
Some guidance please .
And what about Engine credentails ? Whats its significance and how to set it up ?
The main point of my confusion is whatever may the currebt datastage settings be , dsjob is working for one user and NOT for another . So should I check the ENGINE CREDENTIALS USER-wise ?

Thanks for your replies anyway .
Kumarjit Ghosh.
Pain is the best teacher, but very few attend his class..
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi,
You need to login to web console,when you install IIS on server you must get when your installation finishes successfully.
Ibm Information server url will look like this:-
http://<server alias name>:9080/ibm/iis/console/index.jsp

Once you loggedin you need to follow below steps to check the correct engine credentials:-
1.Click on administrator Tab.
2.Click on Domain Managment tab
3.Click on Engine Credentials

Add your correct engine credentials there.