Dsjob with Password Encryption

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Dsjob with Password Encryption

Post by synsog »

Hi All,

When I run a job using dsjob and passing the user and password with other relevant infomation it runs successfully.
dsjob -domain <Domain> -server <Server> -user uid -password pass -run -param Parameter_Set_Test=STAGE dstage1 JobName

Then I try to run the same job but pass an Encrypted password value, it fails. This was derived by using the encrypt.bat on the Engine, as below

install_root\InformationServer\ASBNode\bin\> encrypt.bat <passwordValue>
This returns> {iisenc}3vGB7WoXFtwdyJJo/xYz/w==

SO when I run the job as follows
dsjob -domain <Domain> -server <Server> -user uid -password {iisenc}3vGB7WoXFtwdyJJo/xYz/w== -run -param Parameter_Set_Test=STAGE dstage1 JobName

It returns the error -1010 DSJE_FAILEDLOGTODOMAIN

Has anyone faced similar error? Appreciate your responses
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I have used that syntax only successfully. Is your password actually correct? Has it expired?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

The Password is Correct and Not Expired..It works if used directly
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I have only had success with the encrypted password on the dsjob command line. Are you fully up to date with your fix packs?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.