Mismatch between Prod code and version controller

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vikibemech
Participant

Mismatch between Prod code and version controller

Post by vikibemech »

Able to see mismatch between live production code (unix server) and code in version controller (PVCS tool). There are times that version controller is not used promptly due to some issues and now creating problems when new code comes into Prod environment. Now trying to capture a process to identify the mismatch between live Prod code and code in PVCS. Have 3000+ job in production, so need help in finding a way to identify mismatches.

Can any one share your views and any steps to achieve this?
Vignesh Kumar N
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are times when version control is not used promptly? A big stick.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You are back in version 7 so your options are limited. Version 9.1 comes with the Information Server Manager for building release packages and checking them into PVCS, I believes it comes with a compare job function so you can compare job versions between environments.

In version 7 I would export your production environment to a DSX file and export your dev or test environment to DSX and then use a utility like WinMerge to compare the differences between the files. This could be time consuming but faster than a visual job by job comparison.

You could also try looking at job modification dates and examine just those jobs in dev or test that have changed recently.