Reporting feature - creating a job info report

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jfarber1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Reporting feature - creating a job info report

Post by jfarber1 »

I'm trying to create a report within the DS Reporting Console. I want to make a report that will show all the DS job information to see if i can collect all the comments describing the jobs. The problem is that i can't complete the report because it will not allow me to select a project/job. Do you know why that is?
Jason
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Have you tried creating the report within DataStage Designer? Those reports do include comments, and are subsequently accessible within the Reporting Console.

I do not know why you can't select jobs within the Reporting Console - can you take us through the exact steps you are using?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The DataStage Reporting Console is one of the worst things ever invented. The DataStage Designer Generate Report function is much better, it will give you a HTML report with an image of the job showing the annotation stages and HTML properties of each stage showing stage comments. Kim Duke once wrote a procedure to cycle through and generate HTML documentation for every job in a project - is there anything that does this in version 8.7 or 9.1?
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Not sure it still works in version 8. Definitely worked in 7. I think all you have to do is add domain to command line. It is in Scripts.zip. I think it is called DsJobReport.bat.
Mamu Kim