DataStage project delete gone wrong

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ethanr
Participant

DataStage project delete gone wrong

Post by ethanr »

Hi,

We deleted a DataStage project through "Infosphere DataStage Administration" window. We selected the right project and waited for project path to get populated(As it is bit slow) and then slected "Delete". What happened is, we selected project A to be deleted, but project B got deleted. We have a screen shot which shows, we have selected the right project, but dont know why it behaves odd !!

Has any one come across this scenario ? Or is it we have done some thing wrong ?
Thanks, EthanR
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: DataStage project delete gone wrong

Post by SURA »

Project pathname will take few more sec to select the specific project even you selected a project!

Once i tried to add some variable into a specific project. I selected a specific project , and then i started to add a variable; suddenly i noticed that i was not in the right project / That was not the project i selected!! Then i realised, i need to give some time for each operation when particular in admin client.

When you choose a project, in the bottom there will be a window for Project pathname. You can notice, it will take few sec (Depends) to select the specific project path of what you have selected!

If you did any action before the relevant project path was selected by the admin client, then it could point to the last project what was selected!!!

So i used to select a project and wait for sometime to ensure the project what i have selected is the right one in the Project pathname and then do whatever i need.

I uploaded an img for reference in the below link. Sorry guys i dont know how to upload an img here :)-

http://postimage.org/image/hx3lesfs7/

If you have backup, then you are safe!

Refer the attached img for your reference.

Good luck.
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.
ethanr
Participant

Re: DataStage project delete gone wrong

Post by ethanr »

Thanks SURA. We think the approach would be to "Select & Wait" for extra minutes before proceeding with any action. We tried to delete another project by selecting it, waiting it and delete. It worked fine. Thanks for your help.
Thanks, EthanR