parameter set mapping in job sequence

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

parameter set mapping in job sequence

Post by zulfi123786 »

I have a sequence which uses a parameter set and calls multiple jobs which again contain multiple parameter sets, in the job page of Job activity the parameter set appears as single entity and asks for values file but I need to map specific parameters of parameter set in the job activity to specific parameters (of parameter set) of job sequence as we do not want to maintain hundreds of parameter set value files (at job level and hardcode them in the job activity stage) so have defined a superset of parameters as one set and assigned at sequence level which will be set at run time by the job calling script.

Any Idea how this could be done.

Thanks
- Zulfi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is currently a restriction in sequences. I don't know any workaround for it, except to use a Routine activity and call a routine to invoke the job, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Another way, that I have used, is to write a new values file from the sequence (using Execute Command) and invoking that Parameter Set "value" in the Job activity.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

I hope to see this facility added in upcoming releases :(

Also the jobs which have too many parametes when used in sequences need each parameter to be mapped to one of the sequence parameters, wish there was auto name match facility.
- Zulfi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can lodge enhancement requests through DSXchance (there's a separate forum for these) or directly with IBM or through your offical support provider. (They do listen to them.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.