Mirror Image of InfoSphere environment, possible?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tehavele
Premium Member
Premium Member

Mirror Image of InfoSphere environment, possible?

Post by tehavele »

Hi Experts,

1)My question is whether it is possible to create a mirror image of the datastage env on a seperate Unix matchine to use for a limited time say 3 weeks, just like a disaster recovery mechanism?

2)In this scenario does Licencing based on CPUs be an issue?

3)If the IP and the hostname change then can we just copy the whole instance and bring it up in new server without fresh installation?
Tejas
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

That won't work because the hostname is embedded in several databases within the product. A better solution is to install the software using an alias hostname, then if it has a problem, point the alias to the new TCP/IP address and start the new box.

You'll need to contact IBM to verify any licensing concerns, but my understanding is if it is an offline (cold) system that is only brought up during DR then there is no additional licensing.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Certainly when you install "official" HA, host and database aliases are required.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.