Sequential file Metadata creator

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

das_nirmalya
Participant

Sequential file Metadata creator

Post by das_nirmalya »

As sequential file does not store in Table Definition folder, i want to create a utility in VisualStudio , so that it can get the metadata structure from a flat file and create a table definition in DataStage redable format.

Question is : Where to (which location ) place this table definition file in Unix box , so that table definition can be visible in DS designer ?

What will be the structure of Table defn file ?
nsd
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A Sequential File table definition stores wherever you specify, which can certainly be the Table Definition folder. This is specified on the first screen of the import wizard. You don't need to create anything else.

And, if you didn't get that right, you can simply drag a table definition in the Repository to its new location.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
das_nirmalya
Participant

Post by das_nirmalya »

Thanks for ur reply.

I am talking about in Unix folder location, where data stage store its sequential file's metadata definition.
nsd
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

das_nirmalya wrote:I am talking about in Unix folder location, where data stage store its sequential file's metadata definition.
If you are not using a schema file, the metadata is stored in the metadata repository (database).

If you are using schema files, you can put the schema file anywhere that you like (you will reference the location in the sequential file stage).

Mike
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, there is no "UNIX folder location" for objects like that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers