datastage logon clause in dsjob command

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

datastage logon clause in dsjob command

Post by zulfi123786 »

I have used the dsjob -server <servername> -user <username> -password <password> to log into datastage server and run jobs there in Version 7.5 and is pretty simple but now we are into 8.5 and we have a two tier architecture with Engine and Repository on server usvh2elap1 and services layer running on another server usvh2elap2

When we log into datastage designer we specify "Host name of Services Tier" details as

Code: Select all

usvh2elap2:314
and Project details as

usch2elap1/ERW
From the IBM documentation the logon clause syntax is

dsjob -domain domain:domain_portnumber -server server:portnumber -user username -password password

I have specified server:portnumber as usch2elap2:314 but not sure what the domain and domainportnumber are
Could someone please help me if there is any command to fetch the domain and domainportnumber ?
- Zulfi
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

I am facing the below error if I skip the domain name and domain port

ERROR: Failed to open project

Status code = -1010 DSJE_DOMAINLOGTOFAILED
- Zulfi
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

after repeatedly going through number of posts alike I have understood that domain name and domain port number are the same which is provided as "Host name of Services Tier" confused as to what the server name should be? is it the Engine where the project is hosted ?

Thanks
- Zulfi
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

Got it resolved after a lot of trials and errors.

domain name and domain port are the same as what we provide in the "Host name of Services tier" and the -Server is the Engine where the project lies (Engine tier)

I have tried 9080 as the server port and also tired the domain port here but nothing worked, But when I omit the server port and specify only the server name it worked fine :)

However those who work on a topology where one services tier hosts multiple engines this might not work .
- Zulfi
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

zulfi123786 wrote:Got it resolved after a lot of trials and errors.
Excellent! :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers