Stage job in log, not in treeview pane

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bfennell
Participant

Stage job in log, not in treeview pane

Post by bfennell »

I am new to this forum

I am looking at a DataStage job (JOB-A) created by someone no-longer with the company. I see in the log (in DataStage Director) that it calls a second job (JOB-B). The named job (JOB-B) does not appear in the left-hand-side tree pane in DataStage Director - and I want to see its log too.

What might cause this, and what should I look for next, what logs or evidence should I be trying to collect?

Brian Fennell
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Hi Brian,

You might try clicking on Advanced Find in your Repository view (normally on the left side at the top). Put in the name of JOB-B and search. If it's in the project, DataStage Designer should find it.

Good luck.
bfennell
Participant

Post by bfennell »

Thanks!

I went back in just now and noticed that the DataStage Director default view had a "(filtered)" message at the bottom of the DataStage Director window. I right-clicked on the root project icon and changed the filter from "Job Status: Terminated Normally" to "Job Status: All" and my missing job re-appeared.

Sometimes it is the simple things.

Brian Fennell